Coastal Elite Pirates of the East Coast Basketball League have added Matt Bingaya to the roster for 2021 ECBL season. Bingaya, a 6’5″ guard from Delaware, Ohio, played at NCAA Division I Southern Miss for two seasons prior to finishing his collegiate career at Fairmont State University.
While attended the University of Southern Mississippi Bingaya became just the third player inteam history to record a double-double via points-rebounds and points-assists.
During his redshirt sophomore season of 2014-15 Bingaya was the second-leading scorer for the Golden Eagles averaging 13.8 points per game. He also led the team in rebounds with 5.9 per game.
Other highlights during his sophomore season included begin ranked in the top 10 in Conference USA in both defensive rebounds (4.5) and steals (1.3).
Bingaya transferred to Fairmont State (NCAA Division II) for his final two seasons where he received several accolades/awards.
- NABC All-District Atlantic First Team (2015-16 and 2016-17)
- NABC Division II All-America (2016-17)
- Mountain East Conference Player of the Year (2016-17)
- Two-time All-MEC First Team
- Ranked in the top 25 in the country in field goal percentage
- Led the team in scoring and rebounding; second in steals
- Scored 1,825 points in his college career
Coastal Elite Pirates coach Jason Wallace commented on the signing saying, “We are excited to be adding Bingaya to our roster for the 2021 season. Bingaya can make plays for others and get to the rim.”