Lake Superior College is set to debut their varsity soccer programs this Fall. Longtime Grand Rapids High School coach Jeff Lightfoot was named head coach of both the men’s and women’s programs in early December.
Soccer will be the first sanctioned varsity sport at LSC, while others are being considered. The school is the sixth member of Region 13 of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). LSC will compete in NJCAA Division III (non-scholarship).
Coach Lightfoot is looking forward to the opportunity, commenting:
“LSC offers great education and competition. Follow us at @LSCsoccerDuluth.”
More information on the Lake Superior College soccer program will be released soon. Stay tuned to KSN!
NJCAA Region 13 Soccer
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College – Coon Rapids
- Bismarck State College
- Century College – White Bear Lake
- Dakota County Technical College – Rosemount
- Lake Superior College – Duluth
- Riverland Community College – Austin