The fastest growing league in the United States, the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) today added an NASL reserves side from Minnesota United FC. It is the second NASL club (Atlanta Silverbacks) to announce their addition of a reserves side in the NPSL. They join the pair of MLS clubs, D.C. United and New York Red Bulls, who also field a U23 side in the fourth-division league.
Minnesota United FC will compete in the Central Conference of the Midwest Region. The Central now boasts seven clubs for 2014. United FC will join Minnesota TwinStars FC as the second Twin Cities area team in NPSL. TwinStars FC, who have been part of NPSL since 2005, currently play in Brooklyn Park.
- FC Bordo St. Louis – TBA
- Eau Claire Aris FC – Bollinger Fields, UW-Eau Claire campus
- Madison 56ers SC – Breese Stevens Field, Madison, WI
- Milwaukee Bavarian SC – Bavarian Soccer Complex, Glendale, WI
- Minnesota Twin Stars FC – Prairie Seeds Academy, Brooklyn Park, MN
- Minnesota United FC Reserves – Bielenberg Sports Center, Woodbury, MN
- Quad City Eagles FC – Pleasant Valley High School, Riverdale, IA