This is an email from The Local
Euro 2012 is here! The first time in a decade finds the Republic of Ireland competing in the finals of a major tournament and we here at Cara Irish Pubs could not be more excited. The last time, and only other time Ireland qualified for the Euros was back in 1988. That tournament included the good, the bad, and the ugly for the Irish – beating England, drawing with the USSR, and losing 1-0 on a late goal by the Netherlands.
Giovanni Trappittoni has his side playing well organized, confident, but defensive football – very Italian, some might say. Group matches against the likes of Croatia, current World and European champions Spain, and former champions Italy is a tough ask for any nation. But, Ireland are flying hight, having gone 15 straight without tasting defeat, a run that includes a goalless draw with Croatia and a 2-0 victory over Italy, both last summer.
Is there even a glimmer of hope for the Irish. Ar ndóigh! Éireann abú!!!
EURO 2012 Promotions:
We have set up a fantasy league for Euro 2012. The winner of the league will receive a $50 Cara Irish Pubs giftcard, and second place will receive a $25 giftcard. Here are all of the details:
Group Name: The Local
Group Password: TheLocal931
At The Local:
· Pints of Guinness, Smithwick’s, Harp, and Kilkenny will by $3.50 during all of the Live Euro 2012 matches
· Honoring Ireland’s participation, if you come down to The Local wearing your Republic of Ireland jersey during one of Ireland’s matches, you will receive one complimentary pint of the above listed Irish beers
· Finally, during any of Ireland’s matches, plus the semifinal and final, there will be give-aways of some nice prizes
All matches will be shown on the giant HDTV screen, plus everyday happy-hour prices during all of the matches, but during Ireland’s second and third match you can get the following:
· $3 Big Gingers, 2 Gingers, Guinness, and Finnegan’s
· $4.50 flat breads
- Pints of Guinness, Harp, Kilkenny, and Smithwicks for $4.50 during Saturday and Sunday morning matches ($3.50 during Euro 2012 all live Euro 2012 matches)
- Egg Sandwich special $4.99 – it’s an egg, ham, and cheese on toasted sourdough, with a side of creamy hashbrowns served during weekend morning matches
- Monday through Friday – the Local’s Happy Hour Specials – pint and signature drink at special prices from 11am until 6pm and appetizer specials from 2pm until 6pm
Don’t forget The Local is on Twitter – follow us @TheLocalMpls for all the late breaking news or if you just want a chance to win more stuff!